The Institute and its altitude test stand
It is at the center of the Institute’s work: our altitude test stand for aircraft engines. The Institute’s history started with the test stand’s first version in 1960 when Prof. Ulrich Senger led the rebuilding of aeronautics research at the Stuttgart Technical University. Since that time, ILA has continually expended its core competencies to keep pace with the numerous research activities and requirements of its partners.
The Institute and its people
Currently, the Institute has more than 50 scientific and technical personnel. Many alumni started their scientific careers at ILA. With its many lectures and training activities the Institute makes a solid contribution to the future engineering careers of the men and women in the aerospace engineering study programs.
Target customers and services:
- Enterprises, research institutes, and government agencies
- Cooperative services: theoretical and experimental analyses of turbo engines, aeronautical propulsion systems, and general structural dynamics problems
- Commissioned trial runs on the altitude test stand
- Developing modern computation methods applicable to structural dynamics, fluid mechanics and thermodynamic process analyses
Jobs at the Institute
- Current employment opportunities
- As research assistants
- As student assistants
Do you ask yourself why you need knowledge on Numerics, Mechanics or Control Theory?
We provide answers! We are looking for student assistants (~8h/week) to help us advancing knowledge on nonlinear vibrations. Questions and application go to Prof. Dr.-Ing. Malte Krack.